Monday, March 03, 2008

OMPW

Right on the heels of OLPC and me worrying about work too much, I propose One Movie Per Week. That is, I plan to watch at least one movie per week. I mean movies that I want to watch. Right now the list looks like this:
Blade Runner
Dr. Strangelove
Amelie
but I'm going to start adding to it all the time. I'm retroactively declaring No Country for Old Men as the first OMPW.

How will this work? Once a week, I'll decide I want to watch a movie. I'll send out an email or a text message to invite everyone on the OMPW list. Then, at the time I've chosen, I'll watch the movie I've chosen, whether or not anyone shows up. The primary purpose for this is to give me a bit of a movie education, as I am woefully behind, but hey, if I'm watching a movie, why not do it with friends, right?

So if you want to be on the OMPW list, let me know! The following stipulations apply:
1. You have no rights as a member of the OMPW list. The movie that I have chosen will happen at the time I have chosen. You only have the choice whether to attend or not.
2. You have no responsibilities as a member of the OMPW list. I won't say you're lame for having to do homework or whatever. I won't expect you to show up. But I'll be happy if you do!

No comments: