Friday, March 02, 2007

Crash and burn.

My phone interview with Google, my big chance to talk to an actual person at Google (which is rare enough!) just ended. One design question, one estimation question, zero actual answers from me, a lot of me being all over the place, and a big pile of ugh. I'm not cut out to be a project manager at all. At least, not yet. I don't actually have any PM skills.

Please, please, Google interviewers, if you're reading this because you Googled me (ironic, and maybe you did) to dig up some dirt on whether or not you should talk to me again; don't disregard me for an engineering position just because I'm kind of a ditz when it comes to designing anything! Give me an algorithm, I'll tell you its runtime, big-oh, big-omega, whatever you want! I'll make a chess computer that beats Deep Blue and Garry Kasparov at the same time, blindfolded! I'll prove P=NP! I'll solve the halting problem! I mean, I've been instructed by Klaus Sutner himself, and that has to count for something.

1 comment:

yincrash said...

i had an interview today. it involved several algorithm questions. as well as design questions. and data structure questions. and code reviewing.

now my head hurts.