Friday, February 15, 2008

Also, fuck college apps (this post is less important than my previous post)

I'm so glad they're over, and that I never have to fill out an application proving myself AS A PERSON again. It's messed with my mind enough. Sometimes I'll grumble about the job search process, and how they don't care if you're a good guy or not as long as you have a nice few letters on your resume (like CMU BS CS) and can reverse a linked list in under a minute. But it's a hell of a lot better than the college app process, which still messes with my mind, because it puts up a metric to judge yourself (not just your scholastic abilities) against.

I think. I don't know. Sometimes I go back and forth, and I rationalize that I DO want to be the kind of person that the ideal college app would like, a well-rounded involved leader blah blah, but sometimes I say it's (to quote The Lounge) "so fucked" because, to use Java metaphors, Person does not implement Comparable, nor should there be any Comparator that takes two Persons as arguments.

But please, ignore this whine and look at the next post about NET NEUTRALITY. Especially if you are a lawmaker.

No comments: