Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So close...

So yesterday, I was riding my bike home, and I whizzed past, too quickly to even say anything and too quickly to be sure it was even actually him, Seattle mayoral candidate Mike McGinn! (you may remember my big plug for him a few posts ago.*) Then I whizzed past, again too quickly to say anything and too quickly to make sure it was her, my friend Diana who I haven't seen in ages. Boy, those are two unlikely people. Remember (last post) how coincidences involving David Byrne were happening in threes? Now all I had to do was whizz past, too quickly to even say anything and too quickly to be sure it was even actually him, the lead Talking Head himself. Alas, it was not to be, and I didn't run into Mr. Byrne at all. (except in my dreams...)

*so that was an okay punchline to end a post on, but I'm going to ruin it by talking about politics a little bit, which last November I said I'd stop doing, but it's pretty mellow politics so I think it'll be okay. Seattle primaries are "top 2", which means instead of "a democrat" and "a republican", we just pick the top 2 vote getters and send them on to the general election. Now, I think this is cool, but apparently a lot of people say it's dumb. Yeah, it's kind of dumb, but less dumb than the two-party system. Of course, we won't get really smart elections until we get ranked voting, or "you get 100 points to distribute" voting, but whatever. Anyway, McGinn and this other guy Joe Mallahan were the top 2. That's cool.

No comments: